NC-LIG is a causticized lignite blend. NC-LIG is used as a deflocculant and a fluid-loss reducing agent in virtually all water-based mud systems.
PHYSICAL & CHEMICAL PROPERTIES
|Specific Gravity||1.3 g/cm3|
|Solubility||Soluble in water|
- Reduce HPHT filtration rates and provide thin, tough filter cakes.
- Reduce the effects of contaminants on drilling fluid properties.
- Emulsify oil into water-based drilling fluids.
- Reduce the high viscosity and pH of cement- contaminated muds and react with calcium to lessen the contaminating effects.
- Add 2 - 12 lb/bbl directly to the mud system through the rig hopper or as a solution through the chemical barrel.
- For every 4 sacks of NC- LIG, it requires 1 sack of Caustic Soda. Small amounts of it will prevent the hydration of bentonite.
NC-LIG is packed in 25 kg multi-ply paper sacks, palletized as 40 sacks per pallet.
You must be a registered user to view and/or download product sheets