Citric Acid (C6H8O7) is a weak organic acid. It is used to remove calcium when drilling cement to reduce the potential of cross linking polymers (Xanthan and others) from iron.
PHYSICAL & CHEMICAL PROPERTIES
|Appearance||White powder or granules|
|pH||8 (5% solution)|
|Specific Gravity||1.5 - 1.66g/cm3|
|Melting Point||212 - 307°F|
|Solubility||Soluble (162g/100ml) @ water 20°C|
- Citric Acid helps to reduce pH and to remove calcium when treating cement contamination. .
- The chemical reaction is as below: 2[H3C6H5O7-H2O] + 3 Ca (OH) 2 → Ca3 (C6H5O7)2 ↓ + 8 H2O.
- In freshwater and seawater fluids: 0.5 - 1.0 lb/bbl
- In saturated NaCl fluids: 1.0 - 2.0 lb/bbl
- In CaCl2 brine fluids: 1.0 - 3.0 lb/bbl
Citric Acid is available in 25 kg multi-ply paper sacks, palletized as 40 sacks per pallet.
Download Product Sheets
You must be a registered user to view and/or download product sheets